Are you an aspiring or in-service pre-school teacher and/or a change-maker looking to do one or more of the following:
- Teach in a preschool classroom with play based methods aligned with the National Educational Policy (NEP) 2020?
- Design affordable, play-based and child-centric preschool programs?
- Create a holistic learning environment for the development of cognitive skills, foundational literacy (English), numeracy, spoken language skills, social-emotional skills, motor skills and creativity in children?
- Increase learning engagement of children in a preschool classroom by evoking the joy of learning in them?
- Make sure every child in the classroom progresses in learning of essential skills during the academic year?
Tejasvita Trust is offering preschool teacher training program for aspiring teachers, change-makers and in-service preschool teachers. The objective of the program is to give the participants first-hand experience and the tools and resources they will need in order to build the skills to be effective teachers, focused on young children’s holistic learning needs. The program will center on equipping the participants to design and develop NEP-aligned joyful and learning-focused classroom environments for 3-6 year old children.
Tejasvita Trust has developed this 100-hour long training program based on 7 years of extensive work in preschool classrooms in low-income communities. During these years, we’ve partnered with a few Affordable Private Schools (APS) in Bangalore and experimented with a variety of play-based hands-on activities and research-based pedagogies. Our year-long model preschool programs in APSs have been proven to significantly increase children’s attention span, interest in learning, social-emotional skills, English spoken language skills, pre-skills needed for literacy and numeracy and decrease the learning gap in children.
Click here to see a few glimpses of Tejasvita’s preschool classroom activities
During this course, the participants will receive the following:
- Through discussions and reflections, understand the principles behind designing a play-based, child-centric classroom that instils learning engagement and effective learning in children
- Through experiential learning, understand how to implement Tejasvita’s preschool classroom pedagogies that are aligned with the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) for Foundational Stage (2022) developed in accordance with the vision of NEP 2020.
- A supportive community and a safe, growth-oriented environment for practicing the skills needed to implement these pedagogies.
- Complete set of teacher manuals containing over 450+ lessons and 300+ picture book ideas developed in-house by Tejasvita for child-centric preschool classrooms.
These cover a majority of the Learning Outcomes in the following domain areas identified in the NCF:
- Domain areas
- Physical development
- Social-Emotional Development
- Cognitive Development
- Literacy Development
- Aesthetic and Cultural Development
- Positive Learning Habits
All the activities in these manuals are tried and tested for effectiveness in preschool classrooms. With these manuals, you can start to design and implement a NCF-aligned play-based preschool classroom right away
A certificate of completion will be given to the participant on successful completion of the training program
The training program will be delivered through a combination of online self-paced modules, in-person and online live sessions
Please sign up using the form below to get to know about the upcoming dates for the training program. We’ll inform you when the next training dates are announced.
WhatsApp +91 9741349993 if you would like more information
Testimonials from prior training participants
Where We Are
J.P.Nagar 8th Phase, Bangalore, India
Contact us at: email@example.com