At Tejasvita, we’ve developed a detailed assessment methodology based on the following principles
- It is important to use our assessments for both measuring the outcomes of the program and to make improvements in our teaching-learning and organisational processes so that we cater to children with different levels of abilities in our classrooms.
- It is important to measure the progress of children holistically and not just in the areas that can be measured using a paper-pencil test
- Because we are working with very young children who are not ready for tests, we have to gather our data in a non-threatening way.
- It is important to track the progress of the child from the beginning of the academic year, in order to understand the impact of the inputs we’ve given in the classrooms.
Our assessment methodology is observation led, wherein our teachers collect data about every individual child on a regular basis. This data forms the basis for a quantifiable assessment that is conducted every few months.
At the end of the academic year, we write progress reports for every child we have worked with through the academic year. In each progress report, we quantify the progress that the child has made in various developmental areas from the beginning of the year. In addition, we write a detailed descriptive report of the child based on our observations. We submit this report to both the partner schools and the parents of the children.
You can access the learning outcome reports by clicking on the links below:
Testimonials from Tejasvita Partner Schools
Following are some quotes from the teachers and the principals of the Tejasvita partner schools where we conducted our preschool program
- “The Tejasvita teachers are well trained, punctual and use engaging resources to work with the children.”
- “The Tejasvita teachers understand the needs of the children in general and do activities with them that are very engaging. The activities that the teachers do with the children were magical. The storytelling sessions are especially good.”
- “The interactive learning has made the children very interested in the sessions.”
- “The Tejasvita teachers treat the children with immense love and understanding and always speak to them very gently.”
- “The children are exhibiting a lot of joy in school and their fear of school has come down.”
- “After Tejasvita teachers have started coming to our school, the younger children are more sharper and have become more receptive to learning.”
- “Even very introverted children are now opening up.”
- “Since the medium of instruction followed by Tejasvita is English, the language is inculcated at an early age. Their English vocabulary has increased a lot.”
- “It would be great if you can come daily to our classrooms. If you can also train our school teachers do do the same, it would great!”
- “Parents are canvassing to their neighbours about the improvement of their children and are bringing their neighbours children to this institution.”