Tejasvita Trust (http://www.tejasvita.org) is doing pioneering work in the area of nurturing children’s talent in underserved communities. We currently serve over 180 preschool children in these communities with our preschool program designed to develop social emotional, English language, creative and critical thinking competencies using a play based approach. This program has been evolving for the past four years and we are looking to scale this program to serve more children in the future.
We are also in the process of launching a new program for selected primary school children in these communities which will seek to bring out their explorative, reflective and expressive nature in their area of interest. To this end, we are looking for a person who will help us conceptualise and implement this new program in the communities we work. This is a full time position that will report to the Executive Director. It will potentially grow to a supervisory role as the program is implemented in the field.
The person hired for this position will be responsible and accountable for the conceptualisation, curriculum development, delivery and assessments process of the primary school program. The program will need to be designed and delivered to be scalable in multiple locations, initially in Bangalore. He/she will also contribute to our preschool program depending on his/her skills.
The organisation currently serves urban poor communities in South Bangalore near the Bannerghatta road area. The culture at the organisation promotes innovation and is both professional and informal. A culture of understanding and being empathetic towards children’s needs is inherent in our way of working. We are also an outcomes driven organisation and measuring children’s learning, creative thinking and their social emotional development is in built in our methodology of working with children.
Qualifications and skills needed for this position:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with young children in a classroom setting and developing curriculum for them.
- A Masters degree in Education, Child Psychology or related domain
- Excellent knowledge of how children learn and assessments of children’s learning in a play based approach.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience conceptualising, designing and implementing programs in underserved communities of India
- Excellent logical thinking skills
- Comfortable with using technology to implement the organisational processes
- A passion towards making a difference for the children of India and a readiness to self-transform while working towards this
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com mentioning that you are applying for the “Primary school program development partner” position. Thank you.